Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Spring Break

We are doing a stay -vacation. We had one really nice 60*F day on Tuesday where we drove down to Mankato to tour the college.



Both girls really liked the school. We've now toured three schools and this is our favorite.

We had a long 90 minute tour of the entire campus. After we stopped at Hy-vee in town for snacks on our ride home.


I had Thursday off from work. That's what happens when it's spring break and everyone is gone out of town. It was just me and Logan today. I suggested going to check out a bakery that was highly suggested on the best of donuts list. The bakery was located in down town Minneapolis. We had to pay to park $6, and bought not only donuts, but cupcakes, a pretzel and a oatmeal cookie. A little of everything they had we wanted to try. I spent $21 on all. Since there was no place to really sit and eat, we decided to have lunch at Hell's Kitchen, which was right next to the bakery.

We shared the cheese curds, which turned out just as good or better then the state fairs. We also shared some dry rubbed wings that were salty but still good. We skipped the buffalo sauce for the wings since that tasted awful! I'm not sure how they wrecked buffalo sauce but they did! It was thick, lumpy and had a weird tangy taste. Looked like vomit and tasted kind of like that too. I didn't even want to look at the stuff. Of course I forgot to take a photo of the food!

After our lunch, we split all the stuff we purchased at Angle Food Bakery. We started off with the cupcakes. They had a lot and I mean a lot of very sweet frosting compared to cake. The best one was the chocolate with chocolate chips. It had some raspberry filling. The other two..bad. Dry white cake and taste less chocolate with marshmallow topping. 

I didn't get a picture of the donuts we purchased but we loved the pretzel but wished it was warm like Aunt Annie's. In fact, it tasted a lot like that pretzel, minus the butter and warmth. We needed the pretzel to clean our pallet from the sweetness over load. Donuts, kind of under baked, super duper sweet, didn't like the jelly filling as it was tart. Very disappointing donuts! The cookie was okay, just a bit under baked and thick for a oatmeal cookie. I can make better stuff on my worst baking day.

On the way out of Hell's Kitchen we snapped a pix.

I ran the hood instead of going to the park this morning. I wanted my run to be over quickly. Just three miles at an easy pace in thirty minutes. I have been running four miles at the park the last few days. It was nice to drop back down to three  but I felt a bit guilty for not running the extra mile. I need to get back to an easy six miles. It's just every time I run, I just want it to be done instead of enjoying my time ,I'm thinking of a million other things I could be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment