Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, March 3, 2017

New weight loss idea for me!

It might not be a new idea to some but to me it's something I haven't done in the past. I made a healthy snack treat bowl. People have fruit bowls and I have that too but this one includes not only fruit, but soup, peanut butter and popcorn. I can add non-perishable items as I come across other healthy in your face snack items. I want to make snacking choices easy and healthy. I don't want to open the frig and just look in there to make poor food choices, like grabbing ice cream. I'm counting on this snack bowl to prevent me from grabbing cookies, candies and cake. I'm going to focus on my choices in the bowl, not out of the bowl. I will put sticky notes in the bowl of items like humus that are in the frig that I can also eat along with already cut up veggies.


Here is my attempt at using the self timer on my cell camera. I'm doing my daily straight arm planks.
 
We tried out the new zoodle maker last night for dinner. I wanted to try using a sweet potato. It made nice curly strings that were fun to eat. I just added a little olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh rosemary then baked them in the oven till crispy.
 Steve chopped up an onion, made some zucchini zoodles and added in a can of crushed tomatoes along with lots of other Italian spices. Made for a good veggie meal that was extremely low in calories.

 
 

I made a pan of from scratch brownies with added chocolate chips to give away. I have to confess, I ate a few of these right out of the oven. I just have to make something I won't eat! It's a good thing I'm giving away the remaining brownies today.
 

This week went by super fast. Don't all weeks fly by? I have a busy work Friday. I'll be cutting back on my workout since work exhausts me enough. I'll just bike at the gym when I'm done working. I'm tempted to just go out and run one loop around the hood, an easy 1.5 miles is not going to make or break my exhaustion from working today. I'm just not super excited about running in 13*F. I did see the extended weather report and we will be getting up to 60+F this weekend into next week then it will be back to the 40's which is great running temperatures! Not to mention 60's are perfect to bike!

 
We have zero plans this weekend. There are a few things that I want to do. The first Saturday of every month the Walker Art Museum is free. I'm thinking we need to go do this.
 
There is also wine tasting this weekend. What we really need to do is finish up the last of the painting and trim work in our house. We came to a stop on projects and just have not been motivated to finish them up. It's time to get them done and checked off my todo list.
 
 
My Zoe bird. She has many nick names including boo -boo. Our other springer would never stare at you. Zoey has no problem staring you down. She always wins because she won't look away.
 
 
Because its March, I purchased a new door decoration until next month when my spring wreath goes back up for the summer.
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment