Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Sunday, Rested and Recharged!

After not running for five days in a row due to high winds and just plain tired, I felt rested and recharged on my Sunday morning run. It felt good to want to run and not feel. I took it easy with 3 miles around the hood.
Back to the low teens for temperatures which is a bit chilly after our warm up of 60's. I had a neighbor ask me last night, at what temperature do you say it's too cold to run. My answer was pretty simple, it's more of weather conditions then temperature. I didn't run in the crazy wind and I skip running in deep snow or icy roads. I didn't have to deal with any below zero temperatures this winter but I'd probably skip running if it was cold and windy on those days too. I'd much rather be outside running then stuck inside the gym any day so if the weather is good enough to run, I'll be out there!

Saturday night we went out to Cannon Falls to listen to a favorite band, Ashes for April at the winery. We shared a bottle of Go Go red wine and then went to dinner to get burgers.
 
I ate so bad all day on Saturday! Donuts for breakfast, pizza for lunch and wine/burgers for dinner. I was happy to get back to better eating today. I'm starting fresh on Monday with losing weight. You know. .. I'll do it tomorrow..
 

I purchased that new gray-brown rug I've been wanting to get for our front room. Now to get two new chairs and bring the old couches down to the basement. I just have to pick out some chairs for this room.
 
I'm going to try restoring our leather couches. They have taken a beating from being in the front room where all the sun hits them. I spent $29 on some leather balm that should restore the color to all three pieces of furniture. Anything is better then doing nothing at this point and I'm willing to try this to see if the couches will look better.
I have my before and on Friday, after I do the repair to the leather color I will have an after. I have a few more projects to update the chairs in our house with new fabric. Plus, I'm on the hunt for new bar chairs cheaper then $100 each. We need Six chairs so I want to spend under $500 at this point.
 
I'm trying to add some green with some easy to care for plants. So far so good since I remember to water them.
 
I'm not super confident in the weather report on how much snow we are going to get. I've heard 4 to 5". Some areas will get up to 9" of snow in the south metro. If we do get 4" of snow, I'll be back to skiing this week, which is pretty exciting since I hardly got to ski this winter. Fingers crossed I'll be skiing tomorrow! The snow won't last so if we are going to get any snow, it might as well be enough to actually ski!
 
 
Celina is still checking out colleges. She wanted to tour the U of M so we had a very cold tour on Friday since the kids were off from school.


 Just a few pictures from our tour around the campus.

 We need to go back to the free museum and check out the gift shop. Plus, we can ride our bikes here in the summer.

 
We have a few more schools in the area to check out. Celina wants to stay in Minnesota. She's going with a friend to St. Cloud to look at the school and then I'll take her to Mankato and a few others.
My baby looking out the window at all the snow we are getting this afternoon. I'm in the middle of making a cake for dinner. I got the recipe off Pinterest so we'll see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment