Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, August 5, 2016

A lot of R & R is exactly what I needed

The three R's, Rest, Relaxation and Recovery! This was exactly what I needed to feel The 3rd "R" Recovered. We had a four night camping trip to the North Shore. It's one of our favorite summer time places to camp. I just love being in the woods and next to Lake Superior. 
We took far too much for camping, but isn't it always better to have too much then too little? We jammed in the car and kayaks every thing we could fit and then some. 
 I was pretty impressed with my packing skill. This might look like a mess but it all fit and I had access to snacks, pillows, and blankets, plus could reach all three coolers in the back. 
We started our trip with a picnic dinner down by Blue Fin bay. 
We had a few people that walked by drooling over our chicken, Brussel sprouts, corn and salad as we cooked and ate.  I'm positive we had a better meal then at the resturant, plus you could not beat this view. 

Our delux camping site.. deep in the woods. We had a moose go right behind our tent in the woods. It walked out to the road and down then back into the woods early Wednesday morning around 6am. 


Grand Marais MN... temps in the 80's and it was warm enough to swim in Lake Superior. Logan, Celina and I did a lot of Pokemon Go search and finding around town. 
We hiked about 10 miles up and down Eagle Mountain. It was a 4+ hour hike and we were glad to get out of the BWCA and back to the car!

This was the kids first time to hike up the tallest mountain in MN. Steve and I hiked up Eagle mountain a few years ago. Next year we'll hike up Carlson Peak about 3 miles instead of 10! 
We did have the peak all to ourselves. We sat, rested and then turned around to hike back down the mountain. 


We were eating dinner at the Angry Trout in Grand Marais and this beaver swam by. 

The kids and Steve did a lot of rock skipping. I can't throw so I obviously can not skip a rock for the life of me. My version of rock skipping is to throw a handful of rocks into the water all at once. 

I'm super glad we did not have any bears in our camp! I'm always listening at night for animals and I don't think I ever want to hear or see a bear at night. 


We took the bikes and rode from Lutsen to Toffte. 14 miles down and back, with a stop for lunch in Toffte. 

















Our visitor... two fox that visited at night, early in the morning and again when we were eating breakfast. 

The last day we kayaked on Tait Lake. We did a little fishing too but it was pretty shallow. 




Onion River.. 

Walking on Water... 


Delicious donuts from one of our favorite donut shops in town. 

A rest stop on the way home from the North Shore, Sliver Bay Marina. A great place to picnic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment