Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, August 28, 2016

A toad

I had a long night of not much sleep. I let Zoey out front last night and when I returned to let her in the house, she was foaming at the mouth. Talk about a scary situation! Thank goodness for Google. I figured out pretty quickly that she must have ate or picked up a toad. I never found a toad outside, but there was lots of saliva all over from Zoey. Dogs can die from eating poisonous frogs. The only symptoms were just the foaming and clenched jaws. I did what was recommended, rinse her mouth out for 3 to 5 minutes. Instead of a garden hose, I used a squeeze bottle. It worked and she stopped foaming. I still wanted to watch her all night just in case she threw up or had difficulty breathing. She was acting some what weird, but I guess thats to be expected. She just was very tired and just wanted to sleep. Thankfully, she back to normal this morning.
 
After Saturday spending the entire day pretty much on the couch, I was ready for some exercise. I still felt tired from my night with wathing Zoey but with her back to normal I wanted to go out biking. My stomach felt awful all day Saturday so I had no choice then to take a rest day. Thankfully, my stomach doesn't hurt and feel crappy any more. We rode up to Starbucks, had a hot chocolate then biked back in the thick fog.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment