Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

We are in for a December Warm Up!!

Oh how nice 50+ degrees in Minnesota 3 days in a row of warm 40+ days. We will take it in December! 

Steve and I went for a ride out in the country yesterday afternoon. We drove to the park and noticed it was closed for a special deer hunt all week. We ended up driving to Welch and parked at the ski hill. Due to Covid, all the buildings were closed and everyone was to use their cars. Worked perfectly good for us. We sat, drank and watched the snowboarders and skiers come down the 2 runs that were open. Lots of kids since the other runs still didn't have enough snow coverage. I did check the prices and after 3pm, it's half off. Might come ski later on since I don't need to ski all day. 


I won't be able to enjoy the entire day of 50+ sun shine. I work till 2pm. I do plan to either have a back yard bonfire or go for a run at the park when I get home. Maybe both! If I had the day off, I'd seriously consider driving to Kansas, 6 hours from us, they will have 65*F for the next two days! Although, I'm not sure if we'd car camp or tent it? Since we don't want to stay at a hotel during Covid, that would be the only issue because it does still get down to the 30's at night! Burrr.. 
My candy making was a success yesterday. No fails! I fixed my caramels by warming them up in the microwave, adding some heavy whipping cream. That did the trick and now they are soft and good caramels not rocks! I also made almond covered pretzel shapes and peanut brittle. More holiday baking on Thursday and then I can start to give out to family what I made for the holidays! 



No comments:

Post a Comment