Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, December 25, 2020

Merry Christmas Covid 2020!!

 This is the Christmas 2020 (Covid) that we will all remember! It has been different and somewhat the same. Christmas Eve we are usually all together at Steve's brother, Tim's house eating appetizers and having a few drinks. This year, the only thing that changed is we stayed home and it was just the five of us. We ate, drank and played some cribbage, ending the night early at 10pm after a drive around to look at more Holiday lights. 


Christmas morning, I made the ham and cheese quiche, Steve cooked bacon and sausage. I had made my raspberry almond cheesecake coffee cake the day before, so all was ready for breakfast. Logan slept till 2pm, so he missed out on our morning breakfast. We usually have everyone over for a late Christmas morning meal, but this was much easier with just us all having a simple breakfast while the food was hot. I think we will continue this new tradition next year, just getting together for dinner at our house.


We have yet to open stocking. I buy all the stocking gifts, and wrap them for the kids and Steve. I didn't get anything for Zoey this year or myself, so our stocking are empty. I watched the Saturday night live skit where the Mom does everything to make everyone's Christmas special with all the gift and she only gets a robe. I can relate! I think all Mom's can! I'll just make sure to treat myself to a gift after the holiday! 



We will do all our gifts tonight. Steve and I decide to not buy gifts this year for each other, pretty much like every year, but I always get Steve stuff anyway. Not this year!  We gave ourselves an early gift of a washing machine. I'd like to do an 85" TV after the holiday purchase as a family gift. Most the gifts under the tree are for our game night gift exchange. Of course I know all the gifts since it was my idea, purchased and wrapped. I'm most looking forward to the games! Even though I know what they are! 
We realize in Covid times, the most important thing is not things, but people! We of course we all want our vaccine. Health is #1 and being all together next year celebrating Christmas with normal gifts under the tree and normal dinners and get togethers will hopefully be the best ever! Right now we are dreaming of a 2121 Christmas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment