Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Snow Day!

Yet another snow day in MN. The kids were happy to find out that not only do they get a snow day, but another day off on the 25th for an at home Ipad school day. Because I work for myself, I took the day off too. Lucky for me, it was easy to reschedule more work for tomorrow to make up for staying home.

I want to finish our front dining room arch. I've painted over the red and decided to just do it all in white, like our trim. I still have one more coat of white paint to cover up all the red. Steve took the ladder for work today so I'm out of luck on finishing this up until tonight.
I did finish the trim around the last two doors. Steve just needs to do two more coats of enamel on the doors and the last of the main floor doors are done! Super happy about that because then we can start the trim upstairs. We just have 10 doors to paint and the trim around the doors. My job is the trim and Steve will do the doors. Makes it easier to divide up the painting. My next project is to paint the red wall the same color we have in our porch, which is called dry brown. Not a gray and not a brown but a mixture of the two colors. I'm tired of red walls! We will still have red in the office, which I hope to paint over to a grayish blue, but more on the blue side. We also have two new pendant lights above the kitchen island to install and change out a ceiling fan for a light. Little projects that can make it look a lot cleaner and freshen up the space. I have a few more projects for Steve, like painting our dining room table/chairs black along with the front cabinet. I think we will do something about the golden oak floors too. Dark or gray is what I'd like! We are keeping the upstairs maple light since that floor is too nice to re-do. Its all a work in progress.


I wanted to try a new pizza place over the weekend, but its never easy to get into them as the wait is super long. We decided to go on a Monday night. No waiting and we got right in to eat at dinner time! We went to Red Wagon. It was rated 4.7 stars.  We tried the Red Wagon pizza which was more traditional, then the other half was a pickled radish, jalapeno, pork, with spicy sauce on top. I didn't like that side so I stuck with the other Red Wagon pizza. I ate 2 more slices then I planned but I blamed it on the thin style pizza with little to no cheese. It can't be that high in calories??
A fun night out and such good pizza. We will be back after we try two more pizza places that are on my to go to list!
Since we are suppose to be getting 9" of snow. Might as well break out the cross country skis again. It might be a good day for skiing even if the trails are not groomed. The snow should stick around all week so I plan to ski as much as I can until it melts.
 

Zoey is happy to get out in the back yard. We don't let her run around when it's all wet and muddy out back. She was happy to go run around and play in the snow with her furry "friends".

No comments:

Post a Comment