Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, April 30, 2018

A Super Spring Weekend

We had a really good spring weekend. I think it was much needed! It was packed full of fun things to do. I got nothing done on the home projects but that's okay!
We started our weekend with brewery hopping and tasting. Steve and I checked out the Cider Works brewery then Fair State Brewery in Minneapolis. We played some cribbage and called it a day. The weather was perfect as we sat outside and enjoyed the day.

The kids joined Steve and I on a 16  mile bike ride from Fort Snelling, through Minnehaha park to check out the waterfall then to Minneapolis on the bike paths. It was a perfect day but super windy which made the first bike ride of the year a little more challenging.
 


We could smell the BBQ smoking up some hot dogs and we all had a craving to eat them for dinner. I grilled up some onions and we ate on the deck.

Sunday  morning the kids came with me to a rental that I clean. Its in St. Paul and we decided to make it a fun morning since I had to wait till after 11am for their check out time.
The kids ate at Truce and each purchased a protein bowl. It looked really good. After, we went to the bread smith and picked up three loaves of bread.

Sunday morning, I also stepped outside and went for a 1.5 mile run around the hood. It sure felt good to finally get back out running. I really miss my morning run. My feet still hurt and I figured might as well run again because my feet hurt no matter what. They were a little bit more sore then usual this morning but not too bad considering I ran and biked all on one day!
It definitely was not diet weekend. With the drinks, snacks and dinners it was a bust! I did make some really good pizza. Steve and I got home from the breweries and I made pizza dough. We each made our own pizza and they turned out delicious. I did burn the top of my mouth really good because I just didn't want to wait for the pizza to cool down.

Zoey was clingy last night and this morning she threw up her dog food. Two piles. Poor thing, she isn't feeling very well. I made some rice to see if that would stay down. Still waiting and she is back sleeping on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment