Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Don't do this!

Poor Zoey wasn't feeling well yesterday. This was out of the normal. She threw up all her food and even the rice. By the time I got home from working at 11, she was just laying there. I knew she needed to go to the vet.
After 2 xrays and an IV for fluids, she was all back to normal. I was happy to find out that she didn't eat anything that was blocking her intestines. unfortunately, this all could have been avoided by not doing this... Feeding the dog people food! Steve thinks she needs people food treats. No, they are not good for dogs. Give her a dog treat but not people foods of peanuts, hot dog and carrots. All which made her stomach gassy and backed up. I've been telling everyone to not feed the dog since we got her. They never listen. Well, as a result, I paid the vet $617 for her to poop. I left the vet bill up on the frig as a reminder for those who want to feed our dog. She just can't handle it. Good news was that she didn't have an obstruction and no surgery needed. I can't imagine what that would have cost! Just glad she is okay after a full day of being sick with worry for my fur baby.

 
I did another 1.5 mile loop around our neighborhood again this morning. Getting back into running once again. It feels good and a little challenging just to run that short distance. I just want to take it easy for my feet and not over do it and not be able to walk.
 
I have  more good news on Steve's eye. He is finally getting the surgery needed to restore his vision in the right eye. It's been since November 2nd, 6 months! He has a cornea transplant on the 10th. The next day, 11th he will go back in for the big reveal. We'll find out how good he can see out of that eye. They did say it could take up to a year for full vision potential. I'm just hoping all goes really well for him and life is good with two seeing eyes!

The only bummer part is that he will need to be out of work for a month, maybe two or three to heal the eye. That's not good for finances but it's a short term set back but we will get through it.

We are not the people to do a "go fund me". As we are fully capable of getting through this with hard work on my part and doing with less for a few months. It's a small sacrifice for his vision and quality of life to return to normal. He will always have to take care of that eye and return yearly for eye exams. I'll update more after surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment