Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, May 19, 2018

So much!

I have so much updating to do.

Steve had his donor cornea transplant a little over a week ago. This was a BIG moment! His accident was over 6 months ago and we are hoping this restores his vision. So far, his vision is still very foggy. That is to be expected and will improve each week. We were just hoping he would be seeing better already.
 
I texted out after his operation, because you have to find humor any where you can, "Steve in his big boy chair" They put him in this red stroller chair to wheel him during recovery from surgery.
 
I was overly worried about his surgery when it went past the two hour mark by another 2 hours. All went really well and they got out most of the oil in his eye from the retina surgery/silicone bubble. We are hoping this is the LAST of the eye surgeries. He's had plenty since his accident and this should be the last. There is a small chance of cornea rejection but we aren't even going there!
 

This Thursday, Logan had surgery, exactly one week after Steve's eye surgery. Logan had his wisdom teeth removed and some of the gums covering his 12 year old molars. Poor kid, it was suppose to be 20 minutes and it took over an hour. Again, I was freaking out a little when it went far past the 30 minutes. They didn't even take him to the recovery room because he was pretty out of it. He kept saying "how long was I asleep?", "I was mad, they didn't let me count to 10" and "My legs are shaking". I think we kept going over and over the same questions for at least 30 minutes. He is resting at home and his face is puffed up. He has to eat soft foods for a month because hard foods will push the molars down and they don't want that. I'm not sure what he is going to eat other then ice cream, fruit smoothies and cheese pasta shells or soup.

 
Spring is here or maybe summer as the temps have been in the upper 80's. My spring flowers all bloomed and are now pretty much done.


 
Its also soccer time again. Logan's missing his first tournament because of his surgery but hopefully, he will feel better next week for two games.
 
We went to dinner a few weeks ago at Young Joni's
I can check off another new restaurant that was highly rated on my:  to go to list.


Celina tried a salad since she doesn't eat pizza.

We celebrated Steve's birthday 53rd on the 8th of May. He requested a cheesecake. I think this Raspberry white chocolate cheesecake is everyone's favorite. Kendra found the recipe years ago and it's been a good one. I can't believe how good it turned out. I made some chocolate happy birthday Steve letters and made some whip cream for the top and it turned out looking like it came from a bakery. My skills are improving!!
 


 

Last summer pictures from when Annie was here, visiting from France. Nice to have a group photo! I feel so short next to Logan!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment