Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Painting Project

I have started a few new projects. This is one of my painting projects that I've been wanting to do for ages!! 

I have three tables that I wanted to paint. I started with an old oak table I've had since age 20. I spent a good amount of time stripping off the finish and then sanding the top of the table. I purchased some dark gray stain for the top and figured I would just paint the legs black. After staining the top, it still was a golden / gray. Not the look I was going for.

 I scrapped that project (still in the garage) and moved on to our dining room table. I keep it covered 99% of the time because I don't like the golden color of the table. I finally purchased some gray chalk paint and put the first coat on with a smooth small roller. It went on quick but I'll have to go back over it with a paint brush to reach all the areas the roller didn't get into. I also need a 2nd coat of paint. I even started painting all 11 chairs. It's a big job but will look a lot better once done. I'm not crazy about the color choice so I might need to re-think that?? 
After I finish the table, I'm recovering the seat cushions. Not sure what I'll end up picking out for fabric?? I also need to still paint around the fireplace and paint the red wall a soft shade of gray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment