Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Working out update

I have to admit, with all my injuries heal / bottom of my feet hurting, tennis elbow and combined with Steve's eye accident back in November. I fell off the exercise wagon.  I stopped doing daily planks, didn't run, didn't lift weights. Here I am in September, 10 months later and just starting back up again. My elbow issue finally healed and I can use my right arm like normal. My feet still hurt but I don't think that's going to change even if I do run. It only hurts when I start walking and goes away. I really need to get to the doctor to see what can be done if anything. Its on my todo list this week!

50 is no joke. Well, I started falling apart at 49! Injuries can really set you back. I always told people just don't stop working out. I didn't take my own advice. I had to work while Steve couldn't this past 10 months so I had no option to make sure I didn't injure my self further. I would have to work through the pain and not complain. I just didn't want to make it worse since I had to work a lot more hours then I was use to doing. 

 I didn't bike as much as I wanted. Last summer I pretty much biked every day. I did a lot of stress eating and not working out with all the life changes. I need to get back and start over again. I sure do miss my morning workouts. I just have to start and keep going. Now that things are getting back to normal with Steve's eye, or at least improving (we are still hopeful with his sight coming back in the right eye). Steve's cornea stitches will start coming out on Monday. Each time the doctor removes more he should notice an improvement in vision. Keep your fingers crossed!! It's a slow removal process that takes up to 4 months.
 I'm back to slowly doing my daily planks (starting at 1 minute each plank). Back to lifting weights to tone my arms and then getting into running and biking daily. I also need to watch what I eat. I need to lose about 20 - 30 pounds once again! Ugh!!!! I can do it, just won't happen over night. I'm going to get back on track now that I'm 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment