Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, August 9, 2020

That was a bust!

It was a very over-cast day, but that was a good thing! It would have been too hot to be out in the sun on the river. I still put on sunscreen while Steve didn't think he needed any. Wrong! Said he was burnt last night! I felt perfectly fine. 
Our river boating was going great. Steve and I got out there around 11am. Decided to park the boat and sit out on the island with all the other boaters. Steve fished and I sat in my tube and just floated. We kept getting more people pull up next to us, so Steve gave up on fishing. I was at the back of the boat and Steve decide to raise the motor. It popped my tube! I was not happy about this! So that was the end of us staying on the island. Good thing the kids were ready to be picked up, time to leave! I think the other boaters were happy to see us leave after the tube popping! 

The water is always filled with huge yachts, making big waves. Our little speed boat hits those waves hard, so we always have to slow down. Steve was going a bit too fast a few times and needless to stay, there was lots of loud screams to slow down as they were flying up in the front of the bow of the boat. It hurts the back when we land hard too! So Steve was 0 for 3 and then there was the storm, fast approaching. So we quickly headed back to the dock, got the boat out and just in time because there was rain, thunder and lightening on our drive home. Well, at least we had a good 3 hours on the river before everything went bust! 
We are going camping again! City camping that is! We are staying just outside of Milwaukee, Wisconsin for one night. I wasn't comfortable staying in a hotel in Milwaukee when Covid numbers are 300+ per day. Good thing I found a Hipcamp listing. They are walk in sites so we won't be driving the car right next to the tent to unload. Since it's only for a night, less is best for camping supplies. We will be touring the college campus. It's just a quick trip there and home. Well, lots of driving, 5 hours to be exact! Kind of a far car ride! I am looking forward to seeing the area, but not so  much for avoiding people. We also have another week long trip planned for the north shore since South Dakota is now out! We don't need to go to a Covid hot spot after all 250K bikers leave the area to spread Covid. Here I thought that would be a good, low Covid area to visit! Nope, not after this week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment