Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, August 13, 2020

24 hours in Milwaukee was so fun!, Part 1!

We all really liked Milwaukee. I had no idea the city was so nice. It has a river that runs through down town with a nice river walk with restaurants all along. People were boating and kayaking all over the downtown area. Lake Michigan was super blue and a really nice lake drive, with beaches and parks all along the lake. 
The first Lake Michigan beach we stopped at was outside of the city. It was a natural beach. I collected lots of rock for our yard. Rocks make the best souvenir from trips! 

There was a long path down to this beach. Steve and I decided to take a short cut, up the side of the hill where it was super steep! We had to do some mountain climbing! It was kind of scary at one point. I didn't think I'd make it up! I had to pretty much crawl on all 4's. Funny, scary and a lot of bit crazy!! The worst part of the climb was the last 8 feet! Straight up, on slippery dirt with nothing much to grab on to keep me from slipping down the huge side of the hill. It was a short cut, but more than we should have done! Never again! Once we started climbing, I realized, there was no turning back. Half way up, I was regretting my decision! The kids took the path and ran to try and beat us up to the top. We would have made it, but I took extra time on the last part of that hillside trying to reach for something to grab. You'd think since I'm afraid of escalators, I'd be terrified to climb this! Well, only when I looked back! I tried not to do that! 

Lake Michigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment