Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, August 8, 2020

It will be a fun day & some pros and cons.

It's looking like our Saturday is going to be a fun day on the St Croix river. It's already 72 and humid, makes for a perfect day out on the water. We'll take the boat out early and the kids will join us later. Which means I have to pack a cooler and get all the stuff we need for the day into the boat. Small bit of work to have fun. 


I've been trying to spend as much time as possible outdoors during the day. I set up my cot next to the house on our deck in the shade. I have my laptop, pillows, fan and water all right there. It would be nice to have a couch, but this works and it's functional without spending a lot more money on couches where I'd have to store cushions. This folds up quickly and doesn't take up much storage space. I set it up and bring it in every day. 

My new tabletop fire pit bowl arrived at our door step around 5:30pm last night! Finally it's here! I was super excited to get this! I opened the box right away and started to put it all together to use asap! It was too hot and sticky out for a fire, but I wanted to see how it looked. There are some pros and cons with this new fire pit bow. 
Pros, it's exactly the right size 10" for our small table because it doesn't take up too much room. I like the look and it was easy to set up for the most part. 
Cons: It uses a small 1pound propane tank and it's hard to screw the can on under the table. It won't thread easily and it took both Steve and I to do this together. Far too difficult. You also have to use a lighter instead of just turning a knob. Not a big deal but one more thing to get out when using. My other fire pit, you just turn on and use with a larger 20 pound tank stored under the table. 

It also works better at night, during the day, it's harder to see the flames. This is on low setting. It does produce a nice amount of heat. Just have to be very cautious if you have long hair around this fire pit! It's open and doesn't have glass around it. Which I thought I'd like better? 
I'm going to spend more on this fire pit bowl and get a converter to attach a larger 20 pound tank. This way we have another shut off valve and it will also fit under the table easily. So the converter part, around $8, a new gas hose $14 - $20? and a 20 pound propane tank? $30? I'm sure we will use this one a lot too! I was also considering buying another propane fire pit for out front where we sit. It would be nice to have other locations to hang out and maybe some solar lights on the trees? I'm all about having a few places to hang out and enjoy the outdoors during Covid where we are staying home! 

I'm looking forward to getting my new mask delivered. I ordered one in black and the other in dark gray. I hope this eye shield works! The reviews were 4 stars and you can't have enough masks during Covid, they are here to stay. Which reminds me, I need to start washing my masks daily and not keep re-wearing them. Or maybe just buy a 30 day supply of cloth masks so I was one time a month? I keep trying to find the perfect mask and have yet to do that. Although, I think I know what every mask needs and I just need to make my own. Maybe it's time to get out the sewing machine and teach myself how to make a mask? It can't be that difficult? 






No comments:

Post a Comment