Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Summer is ticking away, faster and faster

After the 4th of July, summer seems to speed up far too fast for my liking.  We are trying to fit everything we can into our summer.
We don't seem to have enough bonfires.  I need to cook more outside and enjoy that wood fire roasted food. I just need to do a little more pre-planning. I'm hoping with more camping trips this summer, we'll get in a lot more of the bonfire dinners.
I've been neglecting my gray hairs. I don't like the gray and I don't like the process of coloring my hair. I did finally decide it was time to color it up again. I had no idea the gray was showing through so much till I took a selfie of the top of my head.  I'm back to one brown hair color once again.
Since getting home from our Colorado trip over the 4th, I'm back to biking. Felt good to get out and bike some fast miles.

We also needed a new frig. We noticed the next day, everything defrosted in the freezer. I think someone didn't shut the door all the way to the freezer and it kept running and running and eventually, burned out. I wasn't too sad about getting a new frig. Our old one was white and the ice dispenser in the front never worked from day 1. We finally were able to purchase a stainless frig with the no smudge proof finish. I dislike the stainless that leaves hand prints all over and leaves it looking a mess all the time. We have to wait three days before plugging the new frig in since we had to lay it down to bring it home. Delivery was out 1-1/2 weeks so we opted to pick it up ourselves and wait three days instead for the coolant to fall to the bottom before operating. Today is the day, we can plug it in and have a brand new frig!! I'm a little excited since we were having to go to the basement frig.

Its funny how one project, needing a new frig turns into another project, cleaning the entire kitchen including emptying the panty and cabinets to re-do the whole storage system. There is still a little more to be done in the kitchen purge and reorganizing but for the most part its done!

Kendra posted some cute photos of Evan on FB so I saved them to my cell. I sure miss seeing this little guy every  week. He's getting so big!

 
 
 A few Zoey pictures with her favorite toy, just plain old sticks she finds out in the yard.
 
Because, the frig going out wasn't enough for the week... our washing machine was out too. I decided to wash some bath mats after our trip. I use them in my car over my car mats to protect them from the dirt. Figured, after the trip they could use a good washing. Well, that all wrecked the washer. Found out after buying a new water pump that the drain was just clogged up. Free fix for that, but now I have a $70 part I can not return.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment