Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Winter

It's sometimes hard to get outside in the winter months. The cold, the wind and gloomy days where the sun doesn't shine is all trying to stop you from just enjoying the outdoors. I try not to think about it too much. I always warm up after 10 minutes into my skiing. I just dress in layers, mostly light since I will get hot fast even on a 20 degree day. 

The trails were not groomed because we only have about two inches of packed snow. I hate it when people walk on the ski trails even thought they are clearly marked "Skiing". We have hiking trails and people really need to use those instead of the ski trails. It really makes skiing not so much fun, when people walk all over the ski tracks. The tracks create huge holes, lumps and just messes up everything. I want to tell the people I see to get off the ski trails, but I never do. I just wish there were more ski patrols out to get people off the ski trail or more signs up to warn those walkers "Its just not cool to mess up skiing for the cross country skiers".
Due to my two big heal blisters from my old ski boots, I bought these new boots. Feels 100% better! I still take extra precautions since I still have a large area on my heals that are still healing from the blisters. I put on an extra large band-aid to cover the entire heal, just in case. I probably can stop doing that soon. I'm just taking extra precautions right now. 


I took the short cut through the woods and skied 3 miles in 45 minutes. I'm working my way back up to skiing 5 to 6 miles. Plus, giving my feet / heals time to get use to it too. I just don't want to over do it and have to stop skiing again to recover. 

I've been watching far too much Christmas baking Challenge on TV. The good outcome, is that I'm inspired to try new types of cookies and baking/decorating tips. Last night I made some gingerbread cookies, and made new meringue "royal frosting". The frosting hardens and tastes delicious, unlike my normal sugar cookie frosting which consists of powder sugar, vanilla and either water or milk. The only difference to Royal frosting and my normal frosting? Using powder meringue (dried egg whites). I just added all the ingredients, and whipped it all for 12 minutes. Best frosting! I'll be doing this recipe always now! Just purchase a can of Wilson's meringue powder in your cake decorating department. It lasts forever, since its a powder. It only takes 1 to 3 table spoons to your powder sugar 1 - 4 cups, a little warm water and that's it. Just mix like crazy! Next time I decorate cookies, I'll add some color and use a smaller piping tip for cleaner lines. This was my first attempt at decorating using a piping bag on cookies.



I made the cookie dough for these peanut-butter kiss cookies. Celina baked them for her roommates. Seems we make cookies and then out the door they go. I have more baking plans today. I want to try making Christmas tree meringue cookies and some Russian Tea cakes with pecans or walnuts. Not sure what other cookies I will bake, but I want to try a few more new ones. I'll be searching Pinterst as that's where I'm getting my inspiration for cookies!
Just a Zoey update. She has been busying sitting in the window, watching the birds, squirrels and possums in the yard. It's nap time now..

No comments:

Post a Comment