Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, July 11, 2020

Friday night fun during Covid!

It's always a challenge to figure out something new and fun to do on a Friday night during Covid when we can't just go out to a brewery, restaurant or any places with lots of people close by.
Celina and Don wanted to use the jetski on the St. Croix River. Steve and I put it in the river for them and they hopped on and rode away. We hung out at the St. Croix Bluffs park. We started by going to the beach next to the boat launch. It wasn't too busy, with most in the water. We picked a spot to sit far from others at the end of the beach.
I spent all this time pumping up a tube and floated for all of 5 minutes.  We were in the shaded area of the beach, so just sitting in the water was a bit chilly. We just had a few drinks while on the beach. Since you can't drink alcohol, we poured the beers into our water bottles. Problem solved! 



I picked up beef tenderloin steaks and some asparagus for our simple picnic. We brought our little gas grill and cooler up the hill to a picnic area. Of course since I packed the picnic, Steve and Logan asked where's the potatoes, bread, cheese? I'm like maybe someone else should help more next time. Seems like I do all the work, shop for food, pack the coolers, get all the chairs, cooking stuff, tubes, towels, sunscreen, bug spray etc and everyone sits back and asks why I didn't get this or that! I could use some help! 


I didn't take any photos of our picnic, but all these yellow flowers were all over around us. The kids went over to snap some photos and I followed to take some photos too. 

We even saw two deer come up out of the woods. 
Friday morning Steve and I even managed to get in a morning run. I just have been doing a mile loop at 10:30min mile. So slow now as I use to run a 9:30 at a leisure pace. Plus, I'd do 6 miles not just one. I'm still being cautious about my feet and don't want them to start hurting again. I probably could run more or do a walk run to get in more miles. I'm just being lazy which I need to stop doing! 

Today, we have plans to do more picnicking. Probably back to the same park. We talked about exploring more of the park area. Maybe bringing our bikes, walking the trails etc. It's a pretty big park and usually all we do it put the boat or jetski in and go somewhere else. 

I'm also working today for a few hours. It feels good to have some work, I just would rather do it M-F, not on the weekend. I also picked up another customer again. Little by little people are coming back and I'm getting more work again. I just would like them all back and be working full time, not just very part time. Not sure how long all will last if Covid # keep going up. While case numbers in MN are up to around 600, people in the hospital and dying are really low and decreasing right now, which is good for the moment. We are in phase 3 of opening, which is pools, sports and 50% indoor dining/ bars. Ugh! I don't think that's a good idea as this is why we are seeing an increase in Covid cases. The kids can't go back to school, because that's where we are seeing the biggest increase in Covid transmission through sports, parties, cabin gatherings. 




No comments:

Post a Comment