Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, March 12, 2015

How fun was that!

I needed this 9 mile mountain bike ride in the worst way. It gave me the break I needed from running. It's so important to cross train to keep different muscles working and give other muscles a break. My running feet really needed the break!

I remembered to use my heart rate monitor on my ride. I use to wear it all the time and now I've gotten away from putting it on. I do love all the extra heart rate info so I will  be using it more often. Turns out, the new improved Garmin has effort level if you wear your heart rate monitor. It tells me that I'm just maintaining.. not pushing hard. Maybe this will be the push I need to step it up and not just go for easy all the time, even if easy is hard right at the moment. 

I took it pretty easy on my first bike ride out. Took a short cut that took off a mile. I had soccer at night and didn't want to burn out my legs for my speed miles. Funny how some other guy on our team mentioned his tired legs from biking. I asked, so how many miles did you ride, 4. Really, just 4 miles tired out your legs? hum...??? I didn't feel anything from 9 hilly dirt road miles. Of course I wasn't pushing my speed.. Average was 13mph.. I need to maintain an average of 15mph.. A good goal considering I've got a lot of hills on this route!

I am really looking forward to finishing work today and going for another bike ride. This time, no short cut. I'm doing the full 10 miles! It's going to be in the 60's again.. Yeah!!! 
Back to soccer.. last night we lost yet again. At least the score was 2 to 4.. not too bad. I missed again my chance to score a goal. Darn feet.. I just can't get them to do what my brain wants. I had a huge opening were I could stop the ball, take my time to settle the ball and shoot. I took a lame shot and it pretty much rolled slowly to the goalie. Ugh.... I did learn a kicking ball tip.. it's called BOB.. Boobs over ball.. that's how you put some power behind your kick! It didn't work for me, but then I might not have been over the ball far enough. I still have a lot of fun playing soccer even if my lake of skills, are a work in progress. 
Planning to run a few mile this morning and then bike in the afternoon. Not to mention, I have work and a lot of it today. 

I think it's called house circling.. I did a little of that last night for the first time. I usually don't pay much attention to the number of steps anyone else completes but when I noticed I was not #1.. I started circling the house to just get in another 1000 steps to be #1 again. I hear this is a common issue with a lot of Fitbit users. Being sick had my number of weekly steps decline by a lot! I have some making up to do and that involved me walking around the house. Oh well, the point is to move and no matter how you get in your exercise it burned more calories with a little friendly competition. Now to see if I'm still number 1 or have moved back to #2 spot. We can't have that!


No comments:

Post a Comment