Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, June 23, 2016

On my way...

Yes that's right! I am on  my way to losing fat from my body. Day 4 of my diet to eat less and most importantly eat healthy, eliminating Sugar and the crap from my diet. 
I keep a food log and have been doing that for many, many weeks regardless if I'm dieting or not. I just write down it all. I have all smiley faces for my food choices this week at every meal. Its either that or a frown face. I like seeing all smiles instead of frowns from my snack choices. 
My diet will power sure was tested last night. We went to check out the new Hy-Vee Super Grocery store. If my phone wasn't completely dead I would have taken a million photos of the bakery. They have all the cakes, bars, donuts right up front in a glass case when you walk in the store. This took all my will power to not go crazy and buy a bunch of unhealthy treats. The store is not going any where.. and I will be back and have a few in moderation. This is how I got through the urge to do that impulse buy and eat. I'm completely sold on the store and we will be shopping here even if it is a bit of a drive out to Lakeville/Apple Valley area. 
I'm back to eating my favorite salad. I'm buying it pre-packaged since the salad dressing is in a controlled amount. I added in tomatoes, but did not add blue cheese like I use to do. I didn't want to add extra calories to my dinner. I ate this salad with a little bit of roasted chicken. 

Breakfast will never change, my whole grain bread with chunky Skippy Natural Peanut butter. 

Lunch - I am loving veggie soup at 160 -180 calories with another slice of bread with my PB. Keeps me full. 

Snacks, popcorn and fruit. I'll add in veggies soon enough. 

I've already pre-planned my meals for today. Same old b-fast (that never gets old), same lunch as yesterday soup and bread w/PB, and dinner a sweet potato. I might add chicken with that potato or something else.

Snacks will include watermellon, strawberries, blueberries, black berries and a banana. I can't go crazy on the bananas since they are sugar/calorie higher. One a day is plenty. 

I just feel better and have more energy in the afternoons now that I'm concentrating on healthy foods again and have gotten a lot of sugar out of my diet. I'll probably have a few slip ups but that's okay because I'm in the process of making diet/food changes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment