Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Lets Play Catch up.. on life

I'm playing catch up on life with my blog this Saturday. I believe I skipped right over Friday. I'll have to back track a bit to get all caught up. 
This is my six sweaty Friday morning miles. I was happy to get in my run but as a result, I started work later. 
5.9 miles done in exactly one hour on the dot! Looks like my last mile was done at a 10;11 minute pace. I haven't been checking my mile splits because I tend to look at my Garmin while running to keep track of my pace. It's usually around 10:30/11 running up hills and down hills 9 something.. which all averages out to be around a 10 minute mile. I know.. exciting stuff. 

I am sure I've mentioned that Celina is doing travling tennis this summer. She played her first mixed doubles match on Thursday afternoon. They lost but she had some great serves. I'm sure once she gets back into playing tennis again her game will improve. 
Friday night, date night.. or just go out to dinner and a quick walk at the park because it was getting close to sun down. 

We went to a new bar/resturant close to home. It was more of a burger place but I decided last time I ate a burger that I really didn't like the taste of the burger. I put far too much ketchup on it to like anything other then ketchup. I wasn't about to make the burger mistake so I got something completely different then I would normally order. Flat bread with Mexican style with pulled pork. I had them hold the BBQ sauce and added salsa on top. Pretty good but after a few bites I was stuffed. 
We would have gone for a walk around the lakes but I didn't wear walking type shoes. I had on my new sandals and they are not good for hiking on trails. 

We just took the paved path and crossed over the bridge. It was kind of nice having the park to our selves. There were only four people on the beach and that was it. 

My continuing Ed book for my Personal training 2.0 credits arrived in the mail so I was pretty excited to start reading. 
I have to read this book then take an open book test to pass and then submit my credits to keep my PT certification in good standing. I don't want that to lapse. I have until December to take the test but I have a feeling I'll be ready soon to take it since I read half the book already. Plus, it's an open book test. I kept going back and forth on what I wanted to do for my two credits. I wanted to do it as cheap as possible and less time required. I found this for $80 as opposed to the $200 book course on Nutrition. I was and am still thinking about taking some on-line classes at Concordia. There is also the advance PT certificate at DCTC which would require me to take about 6 credits of classes at the college down the road. Not sure what I'll end up doing if any of that this fall. I'm still undecided but at least I can get in my credits before 2017. 
My plan for Saturday was to get up early, and drive to the lake with Steve. Spend the day and jet ski, fish and check on the camper. 
We had carpenter ants get into the camper two years ago. Thankfully, we caught them before they destroyed anything. There are a few small chewed holes in the curtains but nothing else was damaged. We just needed to check to make sure the ants didn't come back. Good to go as it was all clear of ants. 
Steve dropped me off at the boat launch and I drove the jetski over to our lake lot. The new neighbors have been mowing the grass for us and he saved all the daisys. It was nice to not find the grass waist high. 
It was pretty noisy for being in the country. Everyone was mowing, power washing, chain sawing, boating.. noise coming from every direction. We go up there to not work, just relax and we were over taken with everyone working and making far too much noise for a Saturday morning. Makes me thankful we kept it easy up there and have little to nothing to take care of. I would not look forward to going to the lake only to have to work when I got there, cleaning a cabin, mowing and making repairs etc.. We just bring all our junk and set up camp. 

2nd thing we did once we checked the camper was to get right back out on the lake. We did a little fishing since it was still not super hot out. It was only 9am. I got a bite and then Steve got a bite but neither of us hooked a fish. That was pretty much it for any fish excitement.
We rode around the lake for a bit then headed back. It was hot in the sun but once you were going 30mph on the jetski the air felt cold. 
We lasted till noon and then decided to grab lunch at Subway and head for home. It felt like a quick two hour ride home for me because I slept the entire two hours.
Back home and I missed my baby. It's Zoey's last day of pain pills and I took off the cone. I'm taking a risk and trusting she won't lick her incision. So far so good! 
She was just not a happy puppy with her cone head. 
And we are all caugh up.. Time to get out of my swim suit into normal clothes because its dinner time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment