Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, April 4, 2016

Getting down the double and on to the tripple

I'm working on getting down the run to bike. That's 6 miles of trail running and 11 miles of combo of dirt and road miles. It took me 1 hour to run the six miles and another 50 minutes to bike. I took a small break to drive home between the running and biking miles. Plus, I was all sweaty from my run and didn't want to bike in sweat soaked clothes so I changed. Changing is not an option when I am doing the race but then I won't be running 6 miles, only 2, biking for 10 and then running another 3 miles. 
 I felt pretty good after doing my double workout back to back.
It was a perfect day to run and bike. I started late in the morning to let it warm up to 45 degrees. The park was more crowed then I'm use to but not too busy on the trails. 
Steve walked Zoey around the park and I ran. 
It felt good to run six miles because I was planning on stopping at 4 miles. 
 I came home from my bike ride to find Logan in the kitchen making these fancy pancakes. He used a squeeze bottle and food coloring to make the designs in the pancake. The trick is to let the colored design cook a bit before filling the rest in with pancake mix. 
He had fun coming up with all kinds of pancakes, his name, an ice cream cone and a splatter mess. 
I brought up our tri bike and went to work on pumping up the tires. They were both flat. It took me about an hour just to figure out how to pump up these tires. Why can't they just make normal valves to pump up the tire with the bike pump? I figured it out and then needed the caged pedals changed out to non-caged. It took far too long to get my foot into the cages and the pedals would keep turning to make it more difficult. Plus, I didn't want to have my feet trapped in the pedals and risk falling. Exactly why I don't want clip in's either. Normal pedals for me and I don't care about getting the extra pull from having your feet locked in. Now, I just need to ride the bike and get use to riding the roads. I just need to map out a close to home route. I don't trust the bike and it's tires. We've had three flat tires and I don't want to be miles from home and have to walk the bike because I don't know how to change a tire. Well, I do but I'm sure it will take me hours to do it by myself. 
Dinner last night hot dogs, mac and cheese with parsnips and shaved pan roasted brussel sprouts. The kids wanted crab legs and Celina tried salmon for the first time. I got a mini cooking lesson from the meat counter where I picked up the fish. Bake at 350*F for 30 minutes. Wrap up the salmon in foil with some olive oil and salt/pepper the fish. Celina said it tasted like crab, but easier to eat. I'm still not convinced I want to eat salmon. I like crab, clams and white fish, but that's the extent of my seafood. 
It's not going to be as nice out this Monday but I'll be out running somewhere and then biking with the road bike. 

I'm in a Fitbit challenge and I'd like to win the first one I'm doing. 

Happy Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment