Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, March 20, 2016

After years of wanting to do this, It's a done deal!

OMG.. it's super easy and the best! Super, duper delicious with cinnamon sugar apples. A German Pancake. 
German Pancakes are a lot like making popovers. I've mastered the popover since I know to pre-heat up the milk to at least room temperature. How hard could these pancakes be? Not at all. 
2 eggs
1 TBSP sugar
1/3 cup warm milk
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 TBSP melted butter. 

Mix until smooth and foamy. grease a 9" pie pan, bake at 400+F for 20 minutes, turn down the oven to 350*F and bake for 5 minutes. 

I cut up the apples and added some sugar with cinnamon and butter, cooked them on the stove in a fry pan, till the sugar melted and formed a sauce. Poured them on top of the pancake batter then put it all in the oven. They puffed up and WOW! Exactly what I was expecting. Delicious with maple syrup. I'm going to have to make this for Easter! Simple, quick and super good! I waited years to make this and I have no idea of why it took sooooo long!
Just an FYI, it's Sunday and I still got up at 5am with Zoey, but didn't get out to run the trails till 9am. I had a slow, sleepy morning. I finally did get going. It just took a bit longer. 
My Garmin stopped on me at mile 2. Well, it was 100% my fault. I forgot to push start after I stopped running at mile 2 for a water break. I remembered after 3 miles and then it wasn't so important to start. I did want to know my pace. 
Both my calves were tight and starting to hurt again today. I even went to the chiro yesterday and had acupuncture in both muscles. They did feel great and then of course I started to run and after 3 miles.. it started to tighten up pretty bad so mile 4, I called it good for the day. 
I was not done with my workout. I should have waited till it warmed up because the wind was super cold. My feet were frozen. 9 biking miles on the paved and dirt  roads. They were really tough, cold miles and I was happy to get into the house and warm up. 

While Zoey entertains herself outside, its time for a power nap. I'm exhausted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment