Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Still doing that exercise phase?

Why do people always question why you are still maintaining a healthy lifestyle by working out each and every day? Like it's some type of phase that will end as soon as you get a tiny bit bored.. you'll move on to the next phase? It's not some mid-life crisis.. its a lifestyle that will extend the rest of my life.. 
Last night Steve and I met up with a friend of his from childhood and his new girl friend for dinner and to see a band, Uncle Chunk.  It was a really great evening weather wise and conversation. In fact the whole night was fun. We don't go see many bands and this one played current songs that everyone enjoyed. They were really good, despite the bands weird name.. we had zero expectations going in since we knew nothing about the band. Its nice to be surprised in a good way. 
 I would rather be moving about then sitting back watching so our group joined the dancers.. A little after dinner workout... burning some calories and thankfully, it was dark enough out to be kept in the shadows. 
We even had a view of last nights Super Moon.. We stayed out way too late, anything past 9:30 seems way late.. this was more like 12:30.. and I knew my workout in the morning would suffer. 

I do like to live life once in awhile and never feel stuck to a schedule so I'm willing to make adjustments as needed. 
Well, look who's up early and ready to go run. I did manage to stay motivated to get out the door. I know it would be rough the first mile or so... but off I ran... and Steve biked along side which really, really helps at times like this...
He even took photos of me running and I didn't even have to ask. I do like new photos for my blog and not all selfies.. 
I ran my favorite 4 mile hilly loop down a dirt road and back on the pavement to run home.. It's so quiet, wooded and you just never know what type of animals you will see out. Today it was just us.. no other animals.. 
I didn't go as slow and easy as I was thinking.. I just ran to how I felt, which was not great! I'm not too unhappy about my mile times and this is a very hilly route! Faster with each mile.. and finished strong.. 4 miles done and no more! I really felt like I could easily go another 4 miles but we have plans to go eat breakfast at the St. Paul Farmers Market. Food over running.. hum.. big decision! 

 Thought I'd share some of the flowers in our front garden that popped up over night....



One last photo.. lace them up.. step outside.. don't think of running, walking or living life healthy as a phase.. Its a choice and a good one to make each and every day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment