Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Little run on a humid morning..

The rain finally stopped this morning. I really could have started sooner and just ran in that rain and it probably would have felt great. It was extremely humid.. 
I promised myself I'd pick up the pace and try running faster. I'm only going to be able to run a fast race if I run fast. 

94% humidity was not the day to start picking up the pace. Plus, I'd taken 6 whole days off and was running the very hilly 4 mile route. I'd stick with a easy pace. That mile 2, a few rolling dirt road hills. Maybe tomorrow... I'll pick up the pace? I know.. doing the tomorrow.. tomorrow song and dance. 

Steve mentioned going to the Farmers Market while we were out running, him biking. Sounded like a great way to end a really great 4th of July weekend. I cut my run short and called it good after the 4 miles. So much for my "let me do a lot of running, followed by 15 miles of biking". I'm just not that person that's going to save my weekends for the long runs and miles and miles of biking. I'd like to be, but more fun things come along.. I want to do it all.. 
There were a few more veggies and flowers different from the last time... we went to the market. It's still too early in the season but we did pick up a variety of lettuce, chard greens and zucchini. Who can leave the Farmers Markets without buying anything? Not us. Plus, its super fresh and always tastes so great. 
I have to live in a loft at some point in the city when all the kids finally go off to college. We have at least 7 more years so its fun to think of all the possibilities once we are no longer tied to a big house with soon to be empty rooms. We might even be able to get by with a tiny car like this one that was parked on the side of the street. How cute is that.. Steve looks like a Giant next to it. 
Tonight is family dinner and we are invited over to Kendra and Paul's house. I have to bring something. I'm a dessert person and only bake. It has to be simple and a good summer dessert. Chocolate crust, key lime bars instead of pie. 
_________________________________________________

What's your easy go to dessert to make? 

What do you usually buy at the Farmer's market? 

What's your average easy running pace? 

How much speed work do you do in one run? 




No comments:

Post a Comment