Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, July 21, 2014

oVeR Sleeping

I can't believe I over slept this morning. I had been tossing and turning all last night. Gee do you think I've had enough soccer that now I'm dreaming about playing it in my head all night long! Wish dreaming about it would also burn calories, but it doesn't.

Due to once again time limitations.. (reason I wanted to get up early and get going) it was a bike to the gym and lift weights. I decided I could either 1) run for 40 minutes and call it a day or 2) bike for 30 minutes and lift weights for another 30 minutes getting in an extra 10 minutes and still getting cardio. 
It was an option #2 day. Bike and Weights. My plan is always to get in 3 days of weights. I need to not only tone my heart but my whole body. I realized, it's also time to start spending more minutes working out. 30 minutes goes by way too fast and I hardly have time to do any extra weights that I'd like to start adding in the rotation. I just need to plan, plan and NOT over sleep! 

Biking was a short 7.48 miles done in 31 minutes with stopping at the light 2x's. I was trying to bike fast but mountain bikes are only so speedy.. I really should have taken the tri bike.. maybe I still can take it out for a spin close to home. Still scared to have a flat. 
Sunday was another really hot day and we decided the best way to spend it was on the water, boating! 
We just went to a near by like in Cannon Falls.. Not enough time to go to the St. Croix river and we figured it would be too busy with boaters. 
We stopped in the middle of the lake to fish and let the kids swim off the back of the boat. 
We had a pretty relaxing time out there on the boat. 
After a few hours out on the lake.. it was time to head home..and start making dinner. 

I made the mac & cheese and Steve made the buffalo chicken, carrot salad and then we had bread with blue cheese. I'm starting to like blue cheese.. my taste buds are changing. 
We had a really nice evening so we sat out on the deck and played cribbage with a glass of healthy red wine. 





No comments:

Post a Comment