Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, September 1, 2014

Part 2

30 miles done.. I've been wanting to do this bike ride since the spring and today, we finally did it. 
This path starts at Fort Snelling State
Park and we follow it to Minnehaha Park and along the Mississippi river. 

We already biked 14 miles, so I packed some of my peanut M&M's to eat along the way. We really weren't sure how far we would bike. The trails were busy with bikers, walkers and dogs. It was a little crazy. I guess everyone else though of my idea too on Labor Day!

The path is busy so they needed signs to keep everyone in the right areas. Some people really lack common sense. There were a few times bikers would pass slow people when we were right on top of them coming in the opposite direction. There is not a lot of move around room so not the smartest thing to do. 

It was a good thing we rode 14 miles because it would have been a challenge to keep the speed down to 10 mph.. We were more like at 15+ but there were others who were faster and a lot more really slow. You just have to share the path with everyone. 

The bike path led us to Minnehaha park. It was super busy, Blue Grass music playing, a few food trucks and a restaurant, plus bikes to rent and a park to enjoy. We made a pit stop at the bathrooms and then went on our way to follow the river. 
The water was gushing over the Minnehaha Falls and even though we were pretty far away, we could feel the mist from the water spraying up at us. It felt pretty good since we work up a sweat biking. 


I was really wanting to bike all the way to the city. Steve's butt was pretty sore after all the miles so I was lucky we got as far as we did. The turn around point was at the sign letting us know the path ahead was closed. I think it was the section by the river that was washed away and needs to be fixed? 
We took a quick break, stretched, ate a few M&M's, drank water and got back on the bikes. 
 I'm positive I could have kept riding my bike all day long. The view and path was beautiful. I loved every minute of it. I have to go back often and definitely once the leaves turn color!
30 miles felt good. It took a few hours.. I'm sure going it alone I could go faster without stopping. Now that I know where to go.. there is no stopping me from venturing out on this bike trail again. Plenty of people and a nice path... 

No comments:

Post a Comment