Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Why not work past age 65?

I don't see why it's such a bad thing to work past the age of 65. I've come to realize that the people I've known who retire from work at 65, get suck in this nothing-ness of just doing nothing much with their day. You can start to lack purpose, a reason to get up each day without work. I will always work part time. It's good for the mind and body to keep moving each day that your an able body. 
I hope to be still able to work many years beyond 65. I hope to still be running and biking. I want to travel and have the money to do that. See the world, live new places and keep trying new activities. I had a customer in her early 30's tell me yesterday that her 70 year old parents were in better health. They run, bike and walk every single day. Of course they live in Florida where you can do that all year round. 
I got through my tough work week. I cut back on my running to have enough energy to get through it all. It's the weekend.. and I'm recharged and ready to roll out the door. Will I bike or run? I have 12 miles of running on my todo list this weekend. I need to get in one day of long running to prepare for my half marathon in August. Got to get those feet use to running more miles. 
I have some yard work plans too. We need to freshen up the mulch and mow the grass. Plus, I need to get some herbs to plant in my front pots. It's time to start the spring clean up out and inside. 
Off I go..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment