Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

You just have to go.. no looking back!

I woke up to lots of rain and some thunder here and there. I was already talking myself into running out in the rain and only not going if it was lightening out. 

What's a little rain when I get sweaty hot anyway. The only thing I do differently running in the rain is to wear a visor to keep the rain out of my eyes. Plus, I added my head band to keep my ears warm until they got too hot and I can take it off. Everything else is the same.. makes no difference what the weather is.. you just have to go!
My run was easy since I still am coming back from my calve injury. I'm just running any old slow pace. I see numbers in the twelves, elevens and tens, but very rarely nine or below. I am just taking it very cautiously and not over doing it to end up with a sore calve again. 
Feeling good now that my run is done. What keeps me running? I started out running to keep the weight off and maintain the weight I lost. Running quickly became more then just keeping the weight off. It became my therapy session.  Running gave me time to think clearly about any issues that were bothering me. It force me to think about issues that were painful to think about and how to over come what was and still to me incomprehensible. I still struggle with the loss of being rejected by my mother. I am not sure I'll ever get over that feeling or understand her for rejecting me in such a harsh way. I run to workout the why in my head. I run for me..and it makes the rejection just a little less painful.
                       Mostly...I run because I can..

No comments:

Post a Comment