Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

If you can't do something..do something else!

I woke up still with a tender toe. Best not to run on it because I doubt I'd get far without being in too much pain. My gym options were limited for the same reason. If I can't run, I'll find something else to do! Sitting up right on that stationary bike for an hour would kill my tail bone. I'm glad they have the big sit down recliner seated bike. It was a good option for me today. No toe or tailbone pain. 
 Level 9, random hills for 60 minutes. I covered 17 miles! I did this all while browsing the Internet and watched the news on TV. 
I keep meaning to go for an afternoon/evening bike ride. I just have to get past me wanting to not go. Once I'm out the door and riding I'm fine, it's just getting to that point. I think I need to have a reward destination. That way I'll look forward to going for a ride. Mcd's Cone? Only 150 calories and I surly will burn off 150 calories biking to get that cone. You know I'm going to be eating ice cream at some point during the day anyway. Might as well bike off that treat!

I try to keep the RPM at 90 or higher for speed. This way I work up a good sweat especially on all those hills. 
I finally got Steve to go to the Chiropractor with me. He felt amazing after and now wonders why he doesn't always listen to me and just go get all the sore spots on his body adjusted. Leg pain gone! Mission accomplished. On another positive note, I was able to schedule a massage for myself on Friday! I missed last week so this weeks massage is a must! My calves will thank me later!
My moral of the story for today is... there are zero excuses if your injured to not still exercise. Even if some part or all of your body is sore. Stretch, and work it out. Do something.. some other type of exercise. Don't just say tomorrow I'll go or I'll wait till I'm 100%. Move, just move!

No comments:

Post a Comment