Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Painting is my new exercise

That's right! Painting has taken over my exercise once again. Its a bit exhausting!!
 
I'm on a weekend mission to once again paint more of our ugly oak/pine trim white. Since I was painting our bedroom trim white, I decided to do the one window on our stairs going up. I'll probably do the stair window going down too but that's for another day. I don't try and do too much at once. Just what I think I can finish in a day.

I got out the ladder to cover up our crown molding in the bedroom. I've been wanting to paint this for a long time and this was the day. I'm not worried about painting the walls since we are getting rid of the green. I'm hoping to do a shade of light gray for the walls. I have the color ready to go but Steve thinks its too blue. Its almost white so I'm not sure how he sees blue in the light gray???
I'm not asking Steve to paint the bedroom wall today because while I'm painting the trim around the windows, he is doing the bathroom new trim. It's going in our bathroom and the kids bathroom. Not sure I'll be painting around the doors just yet or the doors to our room. Maybe just the trim around the doors but not the door itself? I'm not sure. It seems like a bigger project then I want to do right now. Yep, hate our floor tile now that it's going on 17 years old. When we do the shower, we might just re-do the floors?
I for some reason decided to start painting our chair. This is just the first coat of base paint. I'm tempted to wait till it warms up and just spray paint the whole chair instead of painting it. Gray? The kids seem to think it would look better just all white. I probably shouldn't have starting painting the chair but its too late and now that I've started it must be finished.

Last night Steve and I went out to dinner. I decided to not curl my hair and just go a la natural. We went to St. Paul and had happy hour at the World of Beer. It must be new? We had one drink each and some flat bread before going to dinner. We had reservations at another restaurant just down the street and used a gift card.
We both got the same thing. This looks like beef tenderloin but it wasn't. It was a bit tough, but had a nice sauce to go with the steak.

We shared the chocolate mousse cake for dessert. It was super sweet and dense. Felt like I was eating a chunk of cold butter cream frosting. Looked far better then it tasted!
We spent far more then the gift card since we both got expensive main dishes. Doubt we will ever go back to this place but it was fun trying some where new.

I really liked the World of Beer. They have a good cider on tap. Plus, the food menu looked pretty good. Although, I didn't really like the flat bread all that much but for $5 at happy hour prices it wasn't too bad. We will be back to have dinner at this place and for me to sample more ciders. My favorite right now is Strong Bow, followed by Reds then Angry Orchard.
That was our Friday night out. Home by 9pm. I have to get back to painting. I was just taking a short popcorn, blogging break!

No comments:

Post a Comment